[Answer ID: 14552]
How can be accessed from a PC using the Web Access function? (TeraStation 5000)
Follow the procedure below to set up the Web Access function.
- Display the setup menu.
- Click [File Sharing], followed by next to [WebAccess].
- Click [Edit].
- Set the relevant items, followed by [OK].
To enable the SSL encryption for a safer transfer, select [Enabled] from [HTTPS/SSL Encryption]. Igonore a warning message for security in use of Web Access under SSL.
Input the BuffaloNAS.com name as a keyword to open the shared folder published by the Web Access function. The restrictions are from 3 to 20 alphanumeric characters: a-z, A-Z, 0-9, "_"（underline), "-"(hyphen) Take notes of the BuffaloNAS.com name, which is used to open shared folders over the Internet.
It is generated automatically.</ td>
Automatic Router Setup （UPnP）：
* The UPnP on the router must be enabled.
NAS Internal Port：
Set the internal port number for the Web Access function on the product.
The default value is 9000. (It can be used normally without change.)
A simultaenous login to the Web Access function by a single user becomes invalid in case [Enabled] is selected. (A user with the latest login is prioritised.)
Select a digit between 1 to 120, indicating the duration in minutes to keep the logged-in status regardless of manipulation.
Ticking [Unlimited] makes the session not be terminated.
- Click [OK].
- Click next to [Web Access] to change it into .
- Click [File Sharing], followed by next to [Folder Setup].
- Select a shared folder to be pusblished for the Web Access function.
* It is recommended to create a dedicated shared folder for publication.
(A separation from the shared folders for a conventional use prevents an unintended publication of files.)
* A manipulation of the shared folders over the Internet published by the Web Access function may require the user name and password. A user registration (a setup of the user name and password) on the product is required in advance.
- Click [Edit].
- Change the set-up for the shared folder.
① Tick [LAN Protocol Support]-[WebAccess].
② Select [WebAccess Public Mode].
③ Click [OK].
【About WebAccess Public Mode】
The read/write permission of folders varies depending on a combination of the set-up for shared folders and the Web Access function.
Folders and files are "readable" without a prior login to the Web Access. Folders and files are readable as well as writable to all the users registered on this product, regardless of the user/group access restriction set to the shared folders.
Allow All Groups and Users：
No file manipulation on the Web Access Web is possible without a prior login to the Web Access. Folders and files are readable as well as writable to all the users registered on this product, regardless of the user/group access restriction set to the shared folders.
Use Internet Folder Permissions：
No file manipulation on the Web Access Web is possible without a prior login to the Web Access. Folders and files are readable and/or writable to the users registered on this product, with the same permission as the one for the access restriction to the user/group set to the shared folders.
The list below indicates the case where the property of the shared folder is [writable].
In case the property of the shared folder is [read-only], the permisson does not vary.
No access restriction
For registered group/user only
Shared folder set-up and synchronisatio
Not logged in yet
Users with writable permission
Users with read-only permission
Users under a group with writable permission
Users under a group with read-only permission
- Start a Web browser to access the following URL [BuffaloNAS.com].
- A login window for BuffaloNAS.com appears.
Input the BuffaloNAS.com name determined during the setup of the Web Access function, followed by [Connect].
- A window for Web Access appears.